Friday, May 18, 2012

Mike Portnoy

Mike Portnoy, Dream Theater,
Back in March, there was a big fuzz regarding the Mike Portnoy's interview, which as usual, his words were taken out of context, instead of consider it as  a warm and genuine expression of feelings from a great musician towards his fans..

I gave my opinion on Twitter about this, and it was an honor to see the legendary drummer  re-tweeting me.
Like many, I was very sad when I heard of Mr. Portnoey's departure from Dream Theater. I was extremely frustrated, to say the least.

I have seen Mike with Dream Theater live in Ahoy, The Netherlands two years ago. This was his last European tour with Dream Theater. It might be another reason I was frustrated!

Nevertheless, as I mentioned on twitter, life goes on, there were decisions made, and both Mike and DT are moving on now with their lives. Both are successful, in fact very successful - their past and present music is a proof for eternity. Any Dream Theater fan realize  that both had enough from this breakup affair, emotionally above anything else - read interviews and imagine the impact.

As loyal fans, it is not fair to keep hammering on this issue, and for Mike Portnoy, he doesn't owe anyone anything, not even a small justification to what he say or do.

See, I look at it like that: magnificent musicians like MP and Dream Theater (among others) are part of our lives, because we fans love their music, go to see them in concert, buy their CD's, and above all make time to listen to, read and watch their latest news through all sorts of media streaming exist on the planet.

That's why, we need to give them space, to help them to remain creative so we remain share these beautiful moments with what they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment