Friday, October 12, 2012

Tony Iommi Named Best Ever Metal Guitarist


Gibson have named Black Sabbath legendary guitarist Tony Iommi as the greatest heavy metal guitarist of all time.

Guitar firm Gibson say: “Tony’s dark, distinct guitar textures in Black Sabbath helped spearhead the heavy metal movement. Iron Man and Paranoid boast some of the most memorable riffs of all time, with crushingly heavy choruses. His playing is immortalised through the generations of bands that have followed.”

Gibson’s Greatest heavy metal guitarists of all time list is:

01. Tony Iommi
02. Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield
03. Randy Rhoads
04. John Petrucci
05. Dimebag Darrell
06. Eddie Van Halen
07. Zakk Wylde
08. Adam Jones
09. Dave Murray and Adrian Smith
10. George Lynch

I might argue with the order in which these names were ordered, but as long as Iommi is nr.1 I am a very happy man.

2 comments:

  1. After I heard iron man for the first time (1980).I knew what I wanted to do with my life. thanks Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would trade James Hetfield and Kirk Hammmet for KK downing and Glenn Tipton any day.

    ReplyDelete